When adding colorpHlex to your relaxer services, first follow the manufacturer’s instruction on the brand of color you are using.
*colorpHlex is not recommended with any aldehyde or methylene glycol based relaxers. colorpHlex can be used as a treatment before or after these “keratin-type” relaxers to reduce or repair damage.
Instructions for Lye (Sodium Hydroxide) or No-Lye (Calcium Hydroxide, etc.) Relaxers*:
Follow the manufacturer’s directions and incorporate colorpHlex as follows:
1. Apply relaxer cream to hair, process.
2. Rinse, gently towel blot.
3. Apply colorpHlex Step 1 by spraying it on full strength.
GENTLY distribute through hair with fingers or wide-tooth comb. Be careful, the hair is in a very fragile state. Leave on for 5-10 minutes. Do not rinse.
4. Apply neutralizing shampoo, distribute through hair with hands per manufacturer’s instructions, then rinse. Follow the manufacturer’s direction to be sure the hair is fully neutralized.
5. Apply a small amount (about ¼ oz. or 7.5ml) of colorpHlex Step 2 for 5-10 minutes, then rinse and proceed with next service.