When adding colorpHlex to your relaxer services, first follow the manufacturer’s instruction on the brand of color you are using.
*colorpHlex is not recommended with any aldehyde or methylene glycol based relaxers. colorpHlex can be used as a treatment before or after these “keratin-type” relaxers to reduce or repair damage.
Instructions for Regular Thio Relaxers*:
1. Apply thio relaxer to hair and process.
2. Rinse, towel blot, and apply colorpHlex Step 1 to the hair by spraying on full strength.
3. Distribute through the hair. Allow to penetrate the hair for 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Do not rinse. Towel blot if necessary and apply neutralizer and leave for the full time recommended by the manufacturer.
5. Rinse and apply a small amount (about ¼ oz. or 7.5ml) of colorpHlex Step 2 for 5-10 minutes, then rinse and proceed with next service.